No products in the cart.
- High quality bus including an experienced driver
- Experienced Guide
- Ferry to and from Rangitoto Island
- Walk to the top of the volcano
Are you looking to get out of the city for the day and get a bit of adventure? Join us on our daytrip to Rangitoto Island, the beautiful Island in the Hauraki Gulf and the youngest of Auckland’s more than 50 volcanoes. Even though, this iconic and widely visible landmark of Auckland is not older than 700 years, its environment features a unique landscape of native bush, rugged lava crops and nice sandy coves.
DAY TRIPThis trip will take us to the top of the iconic Rangitoto island, a 260 metres high volcano cone that will afford you a spectacular full 360 degree view of everything from the Waitakere Ranges in the west to the Hunua Ranges in the east, as well as an unbeatable view of Auckland and its skyline. The two-hour long walk (return) includes some interesting sections of lava tunnels and caves. After the walk there is time to relax and play around on Rangitoto’s beach, before returning by ferry back to Downtown, where we will show you the best fish & chips shop in town! If you are still up for a good night, many will choose to go for some drinks and a little party afterwards.
You will have to organise your own ferry ticket and bring some pocket money for dinner and drinks afterwards.
- To organise your own ferry ticket (can be done a few short minutes prior to departure)
- Sturdy shoes you can comfortably walk in
- Swimwear – to swim in the sea
- To bring something to eat and drink with you - as there are no shops on the island
- Passport or 18+ card – in case we go for some drinks afterwards
[flexiblemap center="-36.772658, 174.866140" title="Rangitoto Island" width="300" height="400" zoom="10"]
Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, no array or string given in /home/stude494/public_html/wp-content/themes/studenttrips/woocommerce/single-product/tabs/tabs.php on line 35